From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Boyes
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:02 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: chkconfig strangeness

> So, as I suspected, the basic problem is that chkconfig --list doesn't
> show anything other than what's in rc0.d - rc6.d.  You may want to
> consider filing a bug report.

The man page says so, in fact. To wit:

        chkconfig provides a simple  command-line  tool for  maintaining
the
      /etc/rc[0-6].d  directory hierarchy by relieving system
administrators
      of the task of directly manipulating the numerous  symbolic  links
in
      those directories.

Given that the boot and shutdown runlevels aren't officially defined
anywhere -- certainly not in the POSIX or SVID documents, you may have
trouble getting a bug report accepted.

-- db