From:   Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Ayer, Paul W
Sent:   Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:34 PM
To:     LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject:        channel bonding

Good afternoon all,

Have been having good success getting channel bonding going.

We also have Vswitch as well.

But it dawns on me that channel bonding and Vswitch (the way we have
them)  really don't go together.

In Vswitch we have two OSA's one active and one backup. If in VM we
setup two sets
of virtual NIC that become eth0 and eth1 going into the same Vswitch we
really are only
Going to use one OSA...

So my thinking is that what we really need it two Vswitches with one OSA
in each.
No backup OSA needed, but would be nice to have.

Then when we channel bond the eth0 and eth1 they really use to different
OSA's and
we can then get double the data flow.

Anyone else doing an channel bonding with Vswitches as well?
Also doing via RHEL 4.4

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,
Paul...