Hi, Max.

There should be some CP error or warning messages assoicated with you
attempting to save the Linux kernel in an NSS. Does your virtual machine
where you are attempting to do this have the correct CP privilege
classes? I believe that to save an NSS, you need Class E privileges.

Max Belardi wrote:
Guys,
   I'm trying to set up a NSS for Shared kernel support. My
distribution is a SLES10 with SP1. The CONFIG_SHARED_KERNEL option seems
to be already specified in this kernel level 2.6.16.46
If I try to IPL the first instance with savesys parameter... I'm not
able to see any NSS creation in VM (QUERY NSS doesn't show nss i'm
creating).
Does anyvody know if i need to take other actions befor IPLing a Linux
with savesys parameter???

This parameter is pecified on zipl.conf:
[nssipl]
   image = /boot/image
   target = /boot/zipl
   ramdisk = /boot/initrd,0x1000000
   parameters = "savesys=LNX0NSS root=/dev/dasdb1 dasd=101,201
TERM=dumb 3"

Thanks
Max

DJ