On 10/9/07, Chris Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you were using VDISKs for swap I think you could check the size of those
> because they should grow but not shrink.  In which case the highest level
> the guest got to (since last logon) would be the current size of the VDISK.

The resident pages for VDISK don't provide it either. Until the full
VDISK has been used, it's more like the total pages swapped out since
the start. Not the amount of pages swapped out at a give moment.
You actually want your VDISK configured small enough that Linux
re-uses the pages rather than take fresh ones. Over time, when there
is some swapping, Linux will eventually use all the pages in the
VDISK, so you want it to be not much more than you maximum swap
requirement during the day.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij