> Am I missing something?  Anyone have notes on expanding the swap disk?

Swap relies on a signature identifying that it's a swap disk (which
mkswap creates). The size of the swap area is part of that signature.
You increased the size of the disk, but until you run mkswap again, it's
not allowed to use it.

Why are you using real disk for swap anyway? Is this a LPAR install? If
not, then switch to VDISK and using SWAPGEN. Lots better behavior,
performance and management.

> Also, I'm getting this error on another machine:
> # fdasd -ask /dev/dasdh
> /dev/dasdh is not an ECKD disk!  This disk type is not supported!

What kind of disk does this device actually reside on? I'm not sure if
we can answer the question without a bit more information.