>>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at  2:42 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul Noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Now, I'm really confused. I originally used Yast --> Hardware --> DASD -->
> Perform
> Action --> Activate, then Format. Neither of these screens has a "Do not
> format"
> option.
>
> So, now I'm not sure where in Yast you want me to go. I tried System -->
> Partitioner, but I don't know where to go from there. There are "Create",
> "Edit", "Delete" "dasdfmt", "LVM", "RAID" and "Expert" options. Or am I in
> the wrong place.

Paul,

No, the partitioner is the right place.  Sorry I wasn't more explicit (I
usually am).  Select the disk you want to create a partition on, then select
"Create."  This will bring up another dialog box where one of the options is
"Do not Format."  Select that, make sure there is no mount point listed, and
then select OK.  Do that for each of the disks, then go into the LVM dialog.