Since you are running on VM. It should be easy to come up with an exec that
would use secuser to issue passwd commands to every linux server.

Calvin Fisher

             "CHAPLIN, JAMES
             (CTR)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             sociates.dhs.gov>         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             Sent by: Linux on                                          cc
             390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             IST.EDU>                  Changing password on multiple
                                       zLinux servers

             10/26/2007 09:17
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Running zLinux as Guests on zVM is fantastic until it comes time to
reset your password across multiple servers. The guest servers are
multiply like rabbits. We are a shop new to Linux on the mainframe and
have a question.

Is there a way to apply without using LDAP, or to issue a series of
commands like passwd across multiple servers either through SSH or other
method from a single server. Where should I point my "learning curve" to
resolve this? I am new to scripting, but how different from REXX can it
be?

Thanks in advance for any comments and insight
James Chaplin
Systems Programmer
USCBP

<<inline: graycol.gif>>