On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 14:29 -0700, Mark Post wrote:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Stahr,
> Lea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I do not know if the problem is me or the new procedure.
> >
> > To FTP any files, I cannot FTP directly to/from Windows and zVM V5.1.
> >
> > I can FTP from Windoze to a SLES 8, then from VM do a GET (two stage
>
> Lea, if you already have a SLES system installed, you don't need the starter
> system.  It's really intended for people who don't have things up and running
> already.
>
> > transfer). In using the new procedure to FTP VMAEXEC, I change to binary
> > OK, but when I try to site fix 80, I receive invalid command.
>
> Try "locsite fix 80"
>

> Mark Post

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit

Also, if you're having trouble FTP'ing into VM, make sure the VM FTP
server is running (not enabled by default).  The procedure for enabling
this is here:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg247272.pdf
(p. 40, pdf p. 56)

You don't have to reipl afterwards.. after you add FTPSERVE to the
AUTOLOG section, you can just force/xautolog TCPIP from the HMC.

--
Brad Hinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sr. Support Engineer Lead, System z