Yes, you can call your self brain dead if you have not been part of the IBM
world for the last 30 years but IBM makes money out of adding a few buttons
to the same boxes/software every year and then they sell it back to their
own customers.

So now you want to run Linux on an IBM box ?

The reason why the market is moving to Linux is precisely because of the
constant "Upgrade fees" of IBM/Microsoft.

You want to tell me we are going to get new/better features in Linux,
compared to other Operating Systems that have been around for 50 years.

So Yes, I agree with you... Brain dead is one way of putting it in
perspective.

Anton Britz