> Don't forget the Windows doesn't actually run very well on Zeds. I'd
say
> "doesn't run," but someone here will stick his hand up and say, "I've
> done it."

Actually, starting with Windows Server 2k3 (where you could actually do
something useful with Windows without the GUI), the architecture of
Windows has evolved enough that a viable port would be possible --
assuming that the source code could be made available. The later
versions of Windows Server have a much better concept of hardware
abstraction than NT did, and as much as we like to bash them, there are
good things in there.

In any case, once we finish Solaris, I'd say VMS (or TOPS-20) is next on
my list. Something with a real security model and a decent
batch/tape/transactional system.

Still, if Microsoft were to offer me a reasonable sum of money to do it,
I'd seriously think about it. Why shouldn't it run under z/VM? ... after
all, all the other cool operating systems are doing it...8-)