I have SLES10 installed in a guest under z/VM.  When issuing uname -r, I
get
2.6.16.21-0.8-default
So I downloaded the 2.6.16.21 kernel source.  I built a module using
that build tree, but when I run insmod to install it, I get the
following:
insmod: error inserting 'hwmod.ko': -1 Invalid module format
When I look at /var/log/messages, I see the following:
kernel: hwmod: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
How can I determine what versions I need to get this to work?
Thanks in advance.

Wayne Driscoll
Product Developer
JME Software LLC
NOTE:  All opinions are strictly my own.