On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 13:39 -0500, Rick Truett wrote:
> Brad, You are required to specify OSA addresses with a VSWITCH>  The
> VSWITCH is as extension of your real network switch.  First define the
> VSWITCH with valid OSA addresses.  Then how do the Linux guests
> connect/route the packets through the Linux router guest?
>
> An example with IP addresses will help debug your situation.

Here's an example:

Guests Linux01 and Router01 are both connected to VSWITCH vsw1.
Router01 has connections to 2 other VSWITCHes, vsw2 and vsw3.  Both vsw2
and vsw3 are on different subnets, and both have connections to the
external network.

The goal is to ping the outside from Linux01, using Router01 as a
gateway (static links are setup on Router01).  Both vsw2 and vsw3 have
PRIrouter set, but vsw1 doesn't (this is the one without real OSA
attached).

The network folks say the ping is leaving the OSA, and the reply is sent
back.  However, the reply isn't making it back to Linux01.  Router01 can
ping the outside okay.  'q vswitch vsw1' confirms there are tons of
packets under 'Discarded', which led me to investigate the PRIrouter
setting on vsw1.

Currently testing the following setups:

Attach an OSA to vsw1, so the PRI setting takes effect
Replace vsw1 with a GuestLAN or layer2 VSWITCH

-Brad