>>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at  1:41 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Wayne Driscoll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I realize that this isn't a place for submitting requirements, but here
> is something that could be useful for some customers who have zAAPs (or
> maybe even zIIPs) is if IBM would allow a zAAP (zIIP) only LPAR and have
> the processer be treated as an IFL for that LPAR.

Even more useful is the fact that IBM will "loan" you an IFL by activating one
of the unused CPs in your box, and configuring it as an IFL.  IBM will also
"loan" you a copy of z/VM for your proof of concept project.  Novell (ok, and
Red Hat) will let you evaluate SLES (with 180 days worth of maintenance for
SLES) for no cost.  You're only using 3 of the 4 engines in your z9BC, so I
don't see any reason for not going down this path.