> Linux for System z is at its heart still Linux, and hence was never
> or will ever be designed nor engineered with the IBM System z in mind.
But I would like to think that System z Linux developers are driving
virtualization features into the Linux kernel. A couple of examples might
be the tracking of steal percentage and CMM2.

Thus leveraging virtualization features of System z and z/VM and getting
them in the kernel is allowing for Linux on all platforms to potentially
benefit.

... just my two cents.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061