What kind of dasd do you have?

As you said you have snapshot, you probably have some type of raid box that
emulates 3390 dasd. If
you do then just change some mod 3 to mod 9. Their is no cost in making that
change. Just be sure
that you have enough backing storage for the new disks.

Luis La Torre wrote:
We don't  have any mod 9 available in the z/VM pool, all were re-allocated
to the z/OS Adabas databases. We are trying to get more dasd, but approval
is very slow and painful  and management does  not want to spend any money
at all.

--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit