From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dave Jones
Sent: 29 February 2008 06:28 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RHEL 5 LPAR install

Hi, Gerard.

To the best of my knowledge, the 3270 emulator that IBM packages with
the HMC code, does not support the cut and paste function, nor does it
come with any handy little editor. I much prefer the older OS/2 based
HMC, running PCOMM.

Try looking at the Linux boot messages (use the Linux dmesg command to
see them). They might give you a hint as to what's wrong with the eth0
interface.

Good luck.

Ceruti, Gerard G wrote:

Hi all

Does anyone know how to cut and paste the messages from the HMC
console.

I am trying to get the install started but I am making a mistake with
 the network configuration somewhere, As the eth0 interface is not
coming up.

Has anyone perhaps had a similar problem and also Can  point me to
the location of the error log file.

Regards Gerard Ceruti may the 'z' be with you

--
DJ

V/Soft
   z/VM and mainframe Linux expertise, training,
   consulting, and software development
www.vsoft-software.com

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Standard Bank Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note

This e-mail, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are, unless the
context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of Standard Bank Group Limited
and/or its subsidiaries ("the Group"). It is confidential, private and intended
for the addressee only. Should you not be the addressee and receive this e-mail by
mistake, kindly notify the sender, and delete this e-mail, immediately and do
not disclose or use same in any manner whatsoever. Views and opinions
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender unless clearly stated as those
of the Group. The Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or
damages whatsoever and howsoever incurred, or suffered, resulting, or arising,
from the use of this email or its attachments. The Group does not warrant the
integrity
of this e-mail nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference. Licensed divisions of the Standard Bank Group are authorised
financial services providers
in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, No 37 of 2002
(FAIS).
For information about the Standard Bank Group Limited visit our website
http://www.standardbank.co.za