I'm posting this for a colleague here, so hopefully the stuff below
makes sense (personally I'm a mainframe/CICS guy).

The JRE installs without any problems; however, I'm having a bit of
difficulty with the IBM Java 6.0-0.0 SDK installation for s390x on
zLinux.

The rpm states a dependency error with libstdc++.so.5 as well as
libXp.so.5.

I verified libstdc++.so.5 and libXp so.5 are both installed (through
compat-libstdc++-295-2.9.5.3-81.s390x.rpm and I can't recall the libXp
library).

I then removed the JRE and attempted to install the SDK again.  No luck.
If I extract the rpm directly everything seems to run fine.

I'm using ibm-java-s390x-sdk-6.0-0.0.s390x.rpm and
ibm-java-s390x-jre-6.0-0.0.s390x.rpm

Anyone successfully installed the sdk here?

Kevin R Evans

Software Engineer Staff IV

Lockheed Martin Information Technology

Federal Bureau of Investigation