If you're using the RPM (which Mark pointed out is the way to go), it
looks like you'll need to install the "other" compat-libstd package
(compat-libstdc++-33) i.e. not compat-libstdc++-295.  You also need the
libXp rpm.  Here's the output of what each rpm provides (taken from RHEL
5):

# rpm -qp --provides libXp-1.0.0-8.1.el5.s390x.rpm
libXp.so.6()(64bit)
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs
libXp = 1.0.0-8.1.el5

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Server]# rpm -qp --provides compat-libstdc
++-33-3.2.3-61.s390x.rpm
libstdc++.so.5()(64bit)
[snip]

With these two RPMs installed, I was able to install the SDK RPM.

-Brad

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 11:04 -0400, Evans, Kevin R wrote:
> OK, thanks Mark. I'll pass this on to Sam.
>
> Kevin

Brad Hinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sr. Support Engineer Lead, System z
Red Hat, Inc.