We have files,dns but one of the changes required by CAesm was the
following:

passwd: CA_esm compat
group:  CA_esm compat

I am going to do some testing today now that I more relaxed.

Peter

"Stricklin, Raymond J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
04/07/2008 07:42 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Linux Guest recovery at Sungard not going well

You know, I've seen this kind of thing result from having, for example,
dns (or nis) listed before files in nsswitch.conf, and then the dns
server becomes unavailable.

right:
                                 hosts:          files dns

wrong:

                                 hosts:          dns files

Note this effect can be duplicated (when the dns server becomes
unavailable) if you have fully-qualified domain names listed in certain
configuration files and only the short name (or no name at all!) in
/etc/hosts, even if nsswitch.conf is right.

ok
r.