From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Felipe Bannwart
Perina
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:04 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: question regarding VGs

Hi all!

Is there any utilitary I can use to check a disk and find out what (if
any) VG that disk belongs to?
The situation I have is: I have lots of disks here and I do not know if
they belong to any VG.
I thought on using LVM tools (pvscan, lvscan, vgscan....) but I'm not sure
if they affect the disk in any way. Corrupting them could be disastrous if
they're being used on a VG.

Felipe Bannwart Perina
IBM - Server Systems Operations - Hortolândia - Brasil
Mainframe Support - z/Linux
Phone: +55 (19) 2132 - 1937 / T/L: 839 - 1937
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]