We used to have a complete reporting system based on account records that we
stored in DB2 and were able to run various queries about etc. Users would
receive reports about failed login/link/autolog attempts as well as
successful links by other users. We'd also be able to group users by account
to produce chargeback-like information (we never did chargeback).

There's no reason you couldn't do the same with Postgresql or MySQL on
Linux. The schemas were based on the record layout. We did pre-process the
date fields to make them ISO date stamps.