<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Robin Atwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am following a HOWTO I found to move my DASD to use LVM on top of RAID1.
> The
> instructions assume Intel arch but all goes well until it says to use Grub
> write the MBR onto the two partitions with the boot directory on them.
> Naturally I tried to use zipl but it fails with:

Peter has already indicated this won't work (today).  But to follow up a little
more, I would say to think about what you're doing and why.  Using RAID 1 in a
system is almost always done to prevent a system outage when a disk fails.  If
that happens on a mainframe Linux system, you've got bigger problems than
worrying about whether your system will reboot if needed.  Using software RAID
can make a lot of sense on Linux for System z, but I wouldn't think that doing
it for /boot (on ECKD) would be in that category.