From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
RPN01
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 1:09 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: z/Linux cloning

We have a cloning process that is down to a single zVM command to create
new image, and we can create new images in about 8 minutes time from zVM
command to being able to log into the new image. The master images
occupy
disk space, but are not running at any time. Since the disk copies are
done
from zVM via Flashcopy, the cloning process is independent of filesystem
choice and works with LVM managed disks. As far as I know, we're the
only
ones using the process at the moment. If there's an interest, I can
share it
with you.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\