From: Ryan McCain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 2:24 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Running DHCP Server on a Linux guest

We've had a heck of a time trying to get DHCPD running on SLES10.  I've
noticed that The Linux guest isn't accepting broadcasts.  When typing
"tcpdump -nepi eth0 broadcast" on regular x86 servers, it spits out all
kinds of stuff.  On the servers we have running on z/VM, nothing comes
back.  Can someone point me to a document that explains what needs to be
configured in order to run a DHCP server?

Thanks..

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390