>Hi Peter,
>as you probably know, we run several z/VM systems with many SAP Linux
>Guests of about 8GB each, and STORBUF defaults always cause us to have
>Guests on the E lists.

Mine are 8 GB for production and 2 GB for DEV and QA ABAP only stacks, with 4 x
2GB Vdisks for swap.

Only one dual stack for the Solution Manager system  that is 3GB with same swap
config. But that one is rarely used and mostly inactive. We run portals on
Intel.

One more thing, the ABAP stacks go dormant when no users are working, but the
dual stack never goes dormant. Rob vd Heij checked for me that is due to a 10
millisec timer in Java that we can't get rid of due to SAP Java version
requirements.

I think the answer to the standard STORBUF: Q1=125% Q2=105% Q3=95% not causing
me grief is that I run production in Q0 due to quick dispatch being set.
Production on averages owns 25-30 percent of real pages and never goes below 15
percent, so it is really hard for Q3 machines to get up to that 95 percent.

Pieter

Brabant Water N.V.
Postbus 1068
5200 BC  's-Hertogenbosch