>> Why overkill? It is the setup that is decided on. Give production an
>> absolute priority above everybody else, and let >> the rest contend in a
>> free-for-all. Besides, if production does go long dormant it will lose it
>> real pages. When it
>> becomes active again we don't want it to be held back by anything.
>
> Hi Pieter,
> absolute priority makes your SAP Guests compete with TCPIP and other
> z/VM services that are already QUICKDSP. As your SAP Guests depend on
> these z/VM Services to provide an efficient service your setup is not
> optimal.

That is new to me. What z/VM services do Linux SAP guests depend on? Certainly
not the TCPIP stack machine when the guest is connected to a vswitch. The
controllers maybe, but under normal circumstances they are not terribly active
as most vswitch work is done by CP. I can think of the MPROUTE server being
affected, but then that one doesn't have a whole lot to do in an OSPF stub area
with only a default route to the rest of the world.

Pieter

Brabant Water N.V.
Postbus 1068
5200 BC  's-Hertogenbosch