On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Pieter Harder
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> This would create such a segment, ranging from 256MB to 1792MB:
>> DEFSEG SWAPPING 10000-10000 EW 10001-6FFFF EN
>
> I am getting a paranoid thought: shouldn't that segment be defined restricted
> with the RSTD option?

Assuming you make 2 DCSSs and give them to each Linux server, they
can't get more than that. Only suspect would be your CMS users. If you
can't trust that, RSTD & NAMESAVE would address it.

I have also some concerns for instrumentation. With VDISK we can see
how much the Linux server was swapping to it, and understand whether
the server is too large or too small. You lose some of that when using
DCSS.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij