As near as I can tell, the problems created by a 3270 console outweigh the
benefits. Sure, you have a nifty 3270 interface that acts like z/VM and
z/OS, but you can't run the image disconnected, you can't spool the messages
from the console, and you have to sit there and clear the screen when it
fills.

The linemode console is much more versatile, and the only time you'll
actually sit at it is when you're in trouble; at any other time, you'll just
walk away from it and use a ssh or telnet (not advised) connection.

Learn a bit of sed or ed, and forget about the 3270.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\