On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Fargusson.Alan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There have been several times when people have posted to this list asking for
> help recovering when a LVM containing the root filesystem has gone bad.  It
> may be that when using VM you have more of a chance of messing up.

It's probably that you have different options on VM to repair if it
breaks. It turns out to be very hard to do a complete virtualization
of the "walk over to the local console of the server and insert the
CD" and hack it. So we try to come up with an approach that provides
the same function but with some different tools. While doing that, it
makes sense to see whether the big road blocks actually need to be
there.

Rob