>>> On 8/22/2008 at 10:08 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Walters, Gene P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I guess I should have been paying more attention to the list before I
> added more DASD to one of my guests.  Yes, I have done exactly this,
> except I compounded it.  Thinking I was smart, I mounted the disk to
> another instance, changed the way it was mounted, to by-path, in the
> fstab, and did a mkinit_rd and zipl.  Well, I shouldn't have done that.
> Now, when it boots, it thinks it needs the dasd to the other instance.
> Does mkinit_rd create a backup when it runs?  Is there a way back
> without doing a complete restore?

No, mikinitrd doesn't create a backup.  That's left up to you.  I'm not quite
understanding your problem, so I'm not able to suggest a way out just yet.  Can
you be more explicit about what was in your fstab before, what is in it now,
and what leads you to believe your broken guest is expecting to access DASD
from the other guest?