On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:35:57 -0600
Mark Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Scott Rohling
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > SUSE tends to be more 'bleeding edge' and RH tends to be more
> > 'stable'  (please - no flame wars on that - it's just my impression that RH
> > is very focused on stability - more so than SUSE).
>
> Having seen what goes on from the inside for the last 18 months, I can
> confidently say that you're incorrect about that.  After all, it was SUSE
> that invented the concept of an enterprise Linux distribution

Red Hat Linux 6.2E March 2000 (product release)      [E for enterprise]
SLES October 2000 (product release)

and quite frankly the concept of enterprise linux was invented by neither
of them but by various large customers and their partners who in turn
mostly invented it by looking at their equivalent Unix contracts they
had evolved over the years and saying 'offer the same'.

Alan