From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Alan Altmark
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:18 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: 127.0.0.2 in /etc/hosts?

On Sunday, 09/14/2008 at 05:36 EDT, Patrick Spinler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Uhm, I'm coming to this discussion late, but aren't all 127.0.0.0/8
> addresses defined to be loopback?

Yes, I mentioned that in an early post on the subject.  That's one of the
reasons it makes no sense.  But we still don't know precisely *why* the
change was made, so the results of the discussion remain inconclusive.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole
use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or
distribution, is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.