We are in the process of  moving z/OS, z/VM and linux guests to new IBM
dasd (DS8300).
We are using PPRC XD - asynch to DR site.
We had an issue with having to manually run FSCK against linux
filesystems that we hoped could be helped by establishing global mirror.
I am trying to get information on using global mirror with z/VM systems
and have a couple of pretty basic questions.
(1)   Is 'XRC' and 'Global Mirror' the same thing?
(2)  I see questions posted in the past regarding 'GDPS/XRC' and z/VM
not supporting timestamps. Is 'GDPS/XRC' a special XRC for GDPS?
(3) Is there a version  of XRC/Global Mirror that supports z/VM and
linux guests?

PPRC-XD working fine for z/VM and linux guests. z/VM and z/OS dasd are
in same DS8300 so would need same global mirror. Flashcopies on z/VM
(using a z/VM starter system) worked fine but now TPC-R is being tested
(windows PC with GUI). If anyone could help me find doc on setting up
global mirror so it can work for z/VM as well as z/OS it would be
greatly appreciated. Anyone else using TPC-R to perform dasd functions
for z/VM?

Ann Smith
Mainframe Systems Support -zVM and zLinux Support
Integrated Technology Delivery
IBM Global Service Integrated Operations At The Hartford
Work phone: 860-547-6110
Pager: 800-204-6367
Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

destroy all copies.