Looks like there will be a zVM apar soon to correct this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:23 AM
To: 'Linux on 390 Port'
Subject: RE: Question about Global Mirror/XRC

Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately for us we have no access to TPC-R.
The zOS storage folks control it. They say they have put our VM volumes
into global mirror. But although we can vary VM volumes online we can't
use any of them . Can't even read volume labels. Acting as if the
secondary in a PPRC pair rather than primary. Without any access its
hard to tell what has been done. Our testing went well when we
controlled PPRC from VM. But now TPC-R testing has begun.