You can partially do this now with QEMU. We're working on some extensions to
improve the usability.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Richard Gasiorowski
Sent: Thu 10/16/2008 10:02 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Lx86

Question for someone @ IBM.  Lx86 is a feature provided for on the p
series whihc allows Linux binaries to execute on the p system without a
recompile.
Since IBM professes a philosophy of providing like platform capabilities.
the question is

When can we expect this features functions available on the system z?  I
would definitely sign up for alpha or beta testing of this.

'Where ever you go - There you are!! '
Richard (Gaz) Gasiorowski
Global Solutions & Technology
Principal Lead Infrastructure Architect
CSC
3170 Fairview Park Dr., Falls Church, VA 22042
845-773-9243 Work|845-392-7889 Cell|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.