>>> On 12/2/2008 at 10:50 AM, Eric Sammons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Going to try and help out David here, and Like David I may be wrong, but I
> don't see a RHEL 2.1 AS for any platform other than ia64 and i386.

The very first versions of Red Hat for the mainframe were Red Hat Linux 7.2 for
31-bit systems, and Red Hat Linux 7.1 for 64-bit systems.  Note that these did
_not_ include "Enterprise" in the names.  When we were writing the
Distributions Redbook, only 31-bit versions of Linux were available, and only a
beta test version of Red Hat Linux 7.2 for S/390 was available.  When we were
writing the book, it had a 2.2.19-0.07
 kernel, and an experimental (never worked for me) 2.4.3 kernel.  The GA
version of 7.2 was announced on December 19, 2001.

After 7.2/7.1, the next version released was indeed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
for S/390 and zSeries in 2003.