Red Hat 7.1 and 7.2 were not "commercial" product offerings from Red Hat.
Red Hat introduced its commercial offering with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
2.1, which was not offered on the s390.  So I believe that there is
confusion here between what is Red Hat Enterprise Linux and what is Linux.

uname -r != cat /etc/redhat-release

-Eric