On Wednesday, 12/03/2008 at 02:01 EST, Shawn Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Come on now, haven't you heard the Mainframe is dead? ;)
>
> While I certainly can't speak for entire companies, I'm aware not aware
> of any such efforts.

I can represent IBM with respect to z/VM:  IBM is not getting rid of z/VM
in favor of KVM.

IBM is fully aware of KVM and it's potential intersection with z/VM should
a System z version ever emerge.  It does not in any way devalue z/VM.

Anyone who says otherwise is ill-informed or simply trying to create FUD.
If you hear such a message from an IBMer, please send me details of the
contact and I will see to it that they receive a proper education.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

  • Re: KVM Alan Altmark