Am Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:59:30 -0500
schrieb Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I can represent IBM with respect to z/VM:  IBM is not getting rid of z/VM
> in favor of KVM.
>
> IBM is fully aware of KVM and it's potential intersection with z/VM should
> a System z version ever emerge.  It does not in any way devalue z/VM.
>
> Anyone who says otherwise is ill-informed or simply trying to create FUD.
> If you hear such a message from an IBMer, please send me details of the
> contact and I will see to it that they receive a proper education.
I second that. For those interrested in the current status
of KVM on the platform, see
http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/KvmForum2008?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=kdf2008_17.pdf

This presentation is from spring 2008, the stop machine run
and memory overcommitment issues have been fixed by now as
of 2.6.28-rc.

If you want to try it out, see:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/linux390/kuli.html

so long,