folks --

Maybe someone can give me a tip
and advise me what I'm doing wrong.
Have tried off and on for quite a while now to re-visit
Linux on Hercules and consistently get stuck in DIAG 308 reboot land.
I have tried both home-grown kernels and distributed kernels.
Have used INITRD and statically compiled-in disk drivers.
The result is the same: before /sbin/init runs, reboot gets called.

One of our colleagues on this list suggested that I take a CVS
snap-shot of the current Herc tree.  Did that.  No joy.  (Some amount
of twiddling to re-insert the build logic, but am confident that is
correct.)  I've gone back and tried older Hercules builds.  No joy.

I have tried both 64-bit and 31-bit kernels.  Same thing.

Thoughts?