I curate a museum which includes a uni-CP Multiprise 3000
(7060-H30) with 2 GB in basic mode running VM/ESA 2.2 and
hosting VSE/ESA 2.2 in V=R.  We may be required by auditors
to encrypt files for transmission to other hosts.  I'm
saying it's feasible to install a Linux distribution into
a V=V virtual machine and perform the encryption there,
either with gpg or by using openssl.  We're currently
averaging about 20% CPU utilization.  Can anyone see any
holes in this?  Do current distros still support this
platform or will I need something older, and if so, will
current encryption software work on the older distro?

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg