Hi listers,

I am trying to install the subscription management tool SMT.  I downloaded
SLES-10-SP2-SMT-BiArch-GM-CD1.iso from the Novell web site.

I invoked YaST2 add-on and updated the installation source as "local"
pointing to this file (checking iso).  The doc shows setting the filter to
Pattern and selecting SMT.

When I do this, SMT is not in the list.

I set the filter to Search and found the sle-smt_en and yast2-smt packages,
so I continued with the install but got the message "There are no
installable providers of smt for yast2-smt-2.13.19-0.3.  I continued by
selecting the radio button for "Ignore this requirement just here".

This completes and I can launch yast2 smt to set up the configuration, but
when I issue the smt-catalogs it says the command is not found.  I do not
find smt in /usr/sbin.  I went back in to YaST to see if my packages were
installed, but the only installed packages are sle-smt_en and yast2-smt.  I
cannot seem to get smt itself installed.

Output from SPident shows that I am at SP2.

CONCLUSION: System is up-to-date!
  found    SLE-10-s390x-SP2 + "online updates"

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful!

thanks in advance,

susan