On Friday, 01/23/2009 at 03:56 EST, "O'Brien, Dennis L"
<Dennis.L.O'br...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> I've seen a number of posts, either here or on IBMVM, that suggest
> changing system ID's for DR.  We don't do that.  We have 18 VM systems.
> They're all somewhat different, or we wouldn't have that many.  There is
> far too much node-dependent code to introduce additional node names for
> DR.  If the code all belonged to the systems area, we might be able to
> manage it, but some of it is application code.

Would something like this work for you?

SYSTEM CONFIG
        SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER model1 cpuid1 NODE1
      SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER model2 cpuid2 NODE2
        SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER model3 cpuid3 NODE1DR
      SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER model4 cpuid4 NODE2DR
        SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER_DEFAULT  DOPESLAP

        DEVICES OFFLINE_AT_IPL 0-FFFF

        NODE1: DEVICES ONLINE_AT_IPL <home-range>
        NODE2: DEVICES ONLINE_AT_IPL <home-range>
        NODE1DR: DEVICES ONLINE_AT_IPL <away-range>
        NODE2DR: DEVICES ONLINE_AT_IPL <away-range>
      /* DOPESLAP results in no devices online! */

AUTOLOG1's PROFILE EXEC
        VARY ON 0-FFFF   /* To bring everything else up. */
                         /* Perhaps something less aggressive */

SYSTEM NETID
        cpuid1  NODE1  RSCS
        cpuid2  NODE2  RSCS
        cpuid3  NODE1  RSCS
        cpuid4  NODE2  RSCS

Use QUERY USERID when it's important to know WHERE you are and IDENTIFY to
know WHO you are.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott