On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 02:19:45PM -0600, Dave Jones wrote:

> I'm a bit confused here.....why are you turning off the
> AFP bit in the Linux kernel? Is it causing you some
> problems on teh 7060?

I want to run it in a virtual machine under VM/ESA 2.2,
but support for the IEEE floating point hardware by CP
wasn't available before 2.3 with PTFs.  If BFP didn't
use HFP registers, it would probably be okay, but CP
needs to ensure Linux gets his BFP registers back after
being interrupted.  Or I can tell Linux there's no BFP
hardware and then he'll do the emulation instead.  Does
that make sense?

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg