Hi Ray,

Am Freitag, den 06.02.2009, 08:59 -0500 schrieb Ray Waters:
> Michael,
>
> I have performed everything for SDK and JRE without problems and all looks
> correct. I have two questions:
>
> I cannot find in the manual how to generate the security keys. Do I use
> KEYTOOL to create the JCEKS keystore?

In the EKM Users guide it is described how to generate self signed
certificates.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?&uid=ssg1S4000504

You can use either keytool or ikeyman. Ikeyman has a GUI and can be
started with:

export CLASSPATH=IBMKeyManagementServer.jar
java -cp IBMKeyManagementServer.jar com.ibm.gsk.ikeyman.Ikeyman

Don't forget to enable X11 forwarding (ssh -X).

> How do I start EKM?

We are using a small shell script to start EKM:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Start Enterprise Key Manager (EKM)
#

export CLASSPATH=IBMKeyManagementServer.jar
pid=$(ps -ef | grep -i com.ibm.keymanager.EKMServer | \
    grep -v grep | head -1 | awk '{print $2}')
if [ "$pid" != "" ]; then
        echo "EKM already running with pid $pid"
else
        echo $pid
        java -cp IBMKeyManagementServer.jar \
                com.ibm.keymanager.EKMLaunch KeyManagerConfig.properties
fi

> The manual (GA76-0418 IBM Encryption Key Manager Component for the Java
> Platform - Introduction, PLANNING, AND USERS'S GUIDE) shows all kinds of
> examples for WINDOWS, AIX, UNIX, z/OS etc, but not much for LINUX under VM.

Right, but somewhere between all the information for z/OS, AIX, etc, you
can find the Linux information :-)

Michael