> The manual (GA76-0418 ) informed me on the SDK/JRE install for LINUX
> (z-series), but not how to start EKM and  how to generate keys for s390
> (z-series).
>
> I guess "somewhere" in the manual is the documentation.

It must be. At least I got the information from there, when I have set
up our EKM.

E.g. chapter "Configuration Basics":

7. Start the Encryption Key Manager server:
java com.ibm.keymanager.EKMLaunch KeymanagerConfig.properties

> Where is this script you included to start EKM documented?

This is not in the documentation. We have written it for our convenience
and I thought it might be useful for you, too.

> Where is the doc to EXPORT and COPY IBMKeyManagementServer.jar?

>From the documentation:

... You should always install the latest Encryption Key Manager
regardless of the level packaged with your SDK.

And to ensure that the java classes of the downloaded jar file are used,
it is necessary to define the CLASSPATH.

Good luck!

Michael