Yep,
They are puny little disks to the distributed folks (and consider your
mod 3 is 2.3G and mod 9 6.8G after formatting and putting a file system
on it).

We are mostly mod 27 and mod 54.  Mod 3's are only for paging here.
We do use LVM extensively.  One server has 5TB (110 mod 54's).

LVM with yast2 on SLES 10 is not so bad.

If you can, use FCP, but if you can't because you're running something
like GDPS/Hyperswap xDR or perhaps z/OS backs up all your disks, you may
not have a choice but to stick with ECKD.

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this