>>> On 3/13/2009 at  1:08 PM, Mark Barajas <mark.e.bara...@accenture.com>
>>> wrote:
-snip-
> I would like to know what would be or if it would be possible for
> posting for employment opportunities.  If this is not the right spot to
> find folks with this groups skill sets ... would someone be able to
> direct me to where I might be able to post and find folks?

There have been a few job postings in the past, but not a lot.  Each time it
has caused some of the list members some consternation,because their employers
forbid them to be subscribed (from their work email) to any mailing list where
job postings are made, no matter if that's not the main purpose of the list.
In some cases, it's cause for termination for them.

So, while it's not actually prohibited by anyone, it's also not actively
encouraged.  There is a no-cost job posting page on Velocity Software's web
site.  Other than that, I would only say going through one of the commercial
sites such as dice.com, monster.com, etc. might be your best bet.  Over the
last year or so, I have seen a number of mainframe Linux and z/VM jobs pop up
there.

Although there hasn't been too many people that have announced layoffs, your
last option I would say would be looking through the archives of this list and
IBMVM.  We had one of our members recently get laid off from his job, and he's
looking for z/VM and Linux employment in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.