This is the format in the last /etc/fstab I tried.  I started out using the
credentials option and changed to specify the username and password just to
make sure I didn't have something wrong with the file that contained the
username and pw.  The uid, gid, fmask and dmask was added this last time as
well, before I had not specified those.  This format looks like what
everyone  has specified except the 0 0 at the end.  I had found this
message in one of the logs and wasn't sure if it was related to this
statement in /etc/fstab:
In var/log/messages that says  "kernel:  smbfs: module not supported by
Novell, setting U taint flag.

ipaddress/p2dev  /p2dev   smbfs
username=xxxxxxx,password=xxxxxxx,uid=emxpkid,gid=emeddev,fmask=774,dmask=777,rw
    0 0

Thanks,

Mark Vandale
System Administrator Leader, MCS-MF z/VM, z/VSE & z/Linux
Office                 : 860-823-2756
Cell                     : 860-705-1657
Textmsg           : 8607051...@txt.att.net

CSC

delivery.
purpose.

             Mark Post
             <mp...@novell.com
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <linux-...@vm.mar
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: smbfs mount ?

             03/18/2009 03:29
             PM

             Please respond to