I use a cost model based on the traditional distributed serves.  Basically
you total the cost of the hdw (processor, memory, ficon, OSA, CEC when new
frame) plus the cost of linux. Use this base to determine cost per server
per month.  You can add the middleware costs when you know them.  You can
as I have compare the costs against the other platforms.  Of course sizing
is needed.  IBM use to have zRACE but the last I heard there were problems
with it but this would be a good starting point with you.  I cannot share
my cost model tool company confidential.  It is based off of XCL
spreadsheets.

'Where ever you go - There you are!! '
Richard (Gaz) Gasiorowski
System z - Linux Product Manager
Portfolio Platform Services
CSC
3170 Fairview Park Dr., Falls Church, VA 22042
845-889-8533|Work|845-392-7889 Cell|rgasi...@csc.com|www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.

Daniel Vila <vi...@ar.ibm.com>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
05/05/2009 02:32 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
LoZ  proc use Vs Linux under other platforms

Kurt, Mark,Erik tks for your quick response, some answers was very useful
and self explanatory.
I understand that mainframe use have several advantage when high i/o and
high network throughput is required and couldn't be compared.
But are there any cost table whatever be the processing unit that can be
used to compare with other platforms ?

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or